Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program
The Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship & Training Program is a four year term of Apprenticeship that consists of 144 hours of class work per year. If work opportunities are available, and the Apprentice completes a minimum of 4,000 hours of on-the-job training over a four year period of time, successfully completes all related instruction, and has satisfactory monthly progress reports, then journeyman status is granted.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
1. Be at least 18 at the time of acceptance into the Program.
2. Have a high school diploma or GED.
3. Have a valid drivers license.
4. Have dependable transportation.
5. Pass the qualifying test.
6. Doctors statement of physical ability.
7. Able to attend a 2 week Pre-Job Training.
8. Pass a drug test - Drug use is not tolerated in the construction industry where safety is a life and death issue.
Contact: Bob Gibson
Phone: (412) 262-1830
652 Ridge Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
To learn more about the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to be a Carpenter, click here.