CAWP News 10-10
What Has CAWP Done for You Lately?
The CAWP team is ready and willing to assist you and your employees in any way possible.
Here is just a sample of our Chapter specific efforts in the past month:
- Answered several calls from contractor members involving questions about the CAWP Labor Agreement (i.e., overtime, wage rates, shift differentials, starting times, manning requirements, etc.)
- Represented a contractor member by attending a meeting with the Department of Labor and PennDOT concerning a prevailing wage issue on a project
- Held a meeting with members of the CAWP Board of Governors and Legislative Committee with a candidate for U.S. Senate to explain issues important to contractors
- Met with members of the western Pennsylvania Congressional delegation to stress the need for immediate passage of the highway authorization bill in this Congress
- Answered a question regarding the requirement for employees to wear high-visibility Class II apparel on PennDOT projects, even when not exposed to vehicular traffic.
- Provided a member with presentation materials for an upcoming safety training seminar.
- Provided guidance to a member regarding diesel emission regulations
- Provided guidance and input to a contractor involved in labor arbitration
- Assisted several members with completing the PennDOT EO-1391 Form
- Answered questions regarding the applicability of the upcoming state crane licensing law for individuals working in shop settings.
- Assisted APC by organizing members to attend various stops on Governor Rendell’s bus tour to promote funding for Pennsylvania’s transportation infrastructure