CAWP News 9-10
Transportation Funding Bus Tour with Governor Rendell
Governor Rendell will tour the state next week, August 3-6, making stops along the way to highlight the need for increased transportation funding.
CAWP is assisting APC in recruiting contractors, employees, suppliers, etc. to commit to attend one or more of these events.
to view the entire Bus Tour Event Schedule.
The stops in western Pennsylvania are as follows:
The following CAWP/APC contractors have committed to providing their employees to participate in some or all of these events: Brayman Construction Corporation, C.H. & D. Enterprises, Donegal Construction Corporation, Joseph B. Fay Company, Gulisek Construction LLC, Francis J. Palo, Inc. and Swank Associated Co.'s Inc.
- Thursday, August 5 - 12:15 PM – Cambria County Transportation Event – Cambria Tram; Location at 726 Central Avenue, Johnstown, 15902
- Thursday, August 5 - 2:15 PM – Indiana County Transportation Event – State Route 119 (Tide Road Bridge); Located along State Route 199, one half mile north of State Route 56 in Center Township
- Thursday, August 5 - 4:15 PM – Greensburg County Transportation Event – State Route 4012 Bridge/Brush Creek, Hempfield Township. Located ten miles west of Greensburg, near 47 Race Street, Manor, 15665
- Friday, August 6 – 12:00 PM – Beaver County Transportation Event – Koppel Bridge, Route 351/Beaver River; Located one half mile west of the intersection of Route 351 and River Road; east of Koppel Borough; closest address: 2798 River Road, Ellwood City
- Friday, August 6 – 2:00 PM – Mercer County Transportation Event – State Route 3025, Located at Hermitage Bakery Plaza, 420 North Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, 16148
- Friday, August 6 – 4:00 PM – Butler County Transportation Event – State Route 8; Approximate location at Plaything Etc., 2483 William Flynn Highway, Butler, 16001
We are asking you to join these companies in getting out people to these events. This will show legislators, the media and the general public the industry’s support for increased investments in transportation infrastructure in Pennsylvania.
For more information and to register to attend one or more of these events, please contact Bob Latham, APC, 717-238-2513 or Rich Barcaskey, CAWP, at 412-343-8000.