Workplace Posting Requirements
The following is a listing of required Federal and State employee notices that likely apply to your business. Notices must be posted in a conspicuous place so that they can be seen and read by employees. An elaws Poster Advisor and various websites of consolidated posters are provided to assist in your compliance efforts.
All of the required posters are consolidated on the main websites linked below. These posters can be downloaded and printed free of charge.
FEDERAL POSTING REQUIREMENTS
Workplace Poster Requirements for Small Businesses and Other Employers
For an interactive online tool that helps businesses determine which workplace posters are required for display at the place of business, visit the elaws Poster Advisor.
• Employee Polygraph Protection Act (WH-1462) Notice explaining the prohibitions against lie detector tests and other relevant provisions of the Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
• Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEOC-P/E-1) Notice describing the applicable provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disability Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and government contractor EEO laws including Executive Order 11246, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment and Assistance Act of 1974.
• Family & Medical Leave (WH-1420) Notice setting forth excerpts from the pertinent provisions of this subchapter and information pertaining to the filing of a charge. (Applies to companies with more than 50 people)
• Federal Minimum Wage Act (WH-1088) Notice explaining the Minimum Wage Act as prescribed by the Wage and Hour Division.
• OSHA ‘Right to a Safe and Healthful Workplace’ (OSHA-3165) Notice informing employees of the protections and obligations provided for in the OSHA Act. Poster shall be at least 8 1/2 by 14 inches with 10 point type.
• Summary of Work-related Injuries and Illnesses (Form300A) - (Download) Employers are required to post the OSHA 300A so that employees are aware of the injuries and illnesses that occur in their workplace. The Summary Form (300A) must be posted from February 1 to April 30 following the year covered by the form.
• The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Notice informing employees annually of their rights under the USERRA laws.
• Executive Order 13496: Notification of Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws Notice required if performing direct federal contracts (i.e. Army Corps of Engineers)
• Notice to Workers with Disabilities (WH-1284) Employers who employ workers with disabilities under special minimum wage certificates.
National Labor Relations Board - National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) Poster: Employers are required to post a notice advising employees of their rights under the National Labor Relations Act. The size of the poster must be 11 x 17 inches.
Federal Highway Administration – Construction Jobsite Posters
• Notice to all Employees Working on Federal or Federally Financed Construction Projects - Davis-Bacon Act (WH-1321) or Notice to Employees (FHWA-1495 / 1495A)
• False Statement Notice - Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1020 (FHWA-1022)
STATE POSTING REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Postings for Pennsylvania Employers
If you need information on another state’s poster requirements, access information here: state labor office.
• Minimum Wage Law (LLC-1) Notice of the Minimum Wage Act of 1973 and applicable updates.
• Abstract of Equal Pay Law (LLC-8) Applies to employers who employ both sexes.
• Unemployment Compensation & Claim Fact Sheet (UC-700) Poster identifies unemployment insurance benefits.
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance (LIBC-500) Notice including the name, address, and telephone number of employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company.
• Human Relations Act (LP-744/744A) Applies to employers of four or more employees and subject to the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act.
• Pennsylvania Right to Know Law Notice regarding hazardous substances present in the workplace, employees’ rights and remedies, and other related notices.
• Sample EEO Policy - Download
• Sample Sexual Harassment Policy - Download
• Sample Avenues of Appeal Policy - Download
• PennDOT Sample Company Notice Poster - Download
• Emergency Contact Information Poster -Download
• Wage determinations for prevailing wage projects are to be posted also.
• PennDOT Project Bulletin Board Checklist (2011) - Download